Well this is really hard to believe because time just seems to fly by so fast anymore....but in just a few short weeks I will be celebrating the 1-year anniversary of Give Mia Cookie.
It all started with the idea of making cookies for my own baby shower back in 2010. It became my mission to start learning all about the cookie decorating world so that I could make something presentable enough to give as favors at my shower. I was a pregnant lady on a mission....there was no stopping me. Rob bought me my first set of cookie cutters when we were at lake Chautauqua that summer. It was a set of plastic Wilton animal cookie cutters...he bought me the entire set of 50 cutters just so I could have the 1 that I needed, the lamb. What a great husband.
It's all pretty much a blur since then....except for a few snippets here and there. I remember getting a set of 8 food colorings for Christmas (thanks to my awesome cuz, Sarah) and I remember thinking that it was such an awesome gift...one that I'll never forget because it was the start of my collection. I remember making Steeler cookies very early on and omg, they were so awful-looking. But at the time I thought they were so good. I remember going to my favorite cookie supply-site to order cookie cutters and thinking that it was so awesome because they were only like $1 a piece and I planned to spend $50 to get free shipping. I mean, how often do you get to add 50+ items to an online shopping cart? It was really fun. The true whirlwind started right after that. The facebook page was launched on May 10, 2011 with 15 cookie pictures and I did my first order on May 18th. I remember framing my first dollar bill and feeling really really proud. Then came the blog, then came my first trade show, then came "the binder" that holds it all together, and now....
Hundreds of cups of sugar, many many teaspoons of vanilla, a crazy amount of pounds of flour, and thousands (thousands!) of cookies later, here I am. My life has changed dramatically since one year ago in so many ways but the best change of all has been watching my daughter grow into this funny, talkative, curious, and smart little girl. I say to Rob all the time that I can't believe that we actually get to keep her!! It feels like a dream.
So back to business.... want some free cookies???? I'm doing a giveaway in honor of my 1-year anniversary and the prize is...Your choice!....either $10 off your next order of cookies or a free dozen sent to you during the first week of May (the design will remain a surprise!) Friends....family....you're all eligible to win so please enter!
Here are the "official" guidelines for this giveaway:
- Entries will be accepted from Monday 4/23 at 9:30 pm EST until Friday 4/27 at 12 midnight EST. Entries received after the specific time period will not count. Sorry, procrastinators!
- Prize: Your choice....either $10 off your next order of cookies or a free dozen sent to you during the first week of May (the design will remain a surprise!)
- How you will receive the prize: If you live locally in the Pittsburgh area then we can set up a time where I can deliver the cookies or of course you could pick them up, too! Otherwise, the cookies will be shipped via FedEx or Priority Mail. I can only ship to U.S. residents!
- Only 2 entries allowed per person (see entry instructions above)
- The winner will be notified via email, I'll post it on Give Mia Cookie's facebook page, and I'll post it on the blog, too. Basically...I'll find you :)
- Email addresses will not be used for any other purpose other than to notify the winner
- The winner will be chosen randomly using http://www.random.org/
- I reserve the right to delete any posts due to profanity, etc.